Conveniently located to serve Washington DC, Arlington, Bethesda
How does semaglutide work?
Semaglutide works by mimicking a naturally occurring hormone in your body. The hormone signals when you are full, slows your digestion, and regulates your blood sugar.
How does semaglutide help with weight loss?
- Less Hungry: It makes you feel less hungry, so you eat less.
- Fuller for Longer: It makes you feel full for a longer time after eating.
- Balanced Blood Sugar: It helps your body better utilize sugar, which can reduce your craving for sugary foods.
- Less Fat in the Liver: It can reduce fat in your liver, which is common in overweight people.
- Burns More Calories: It can help your body burn more calories and fat.
What happens after weight loss?
There are many surgical procedures designed to improve the shape and tone of your body and face following significant weight loss. Whether you’ve lost weight through semaglutide, lifestyle changes, or bariatric surgery, you may be left with loose, excess skin and tissue that can affect your appearance and comfort. Body contouring surgeries are tailored to address these issues and help you achieve a more sculpted and natural-looking physique.
1. Tummy Tuck (Abdominoplasty): This procedure removes excess skin and fat from the abdominal area and tightens the abdominal muscles.
2. Back Lift: An upper back lift targets the unsightly back rolls. A lower back lift removes loose skin around the lower back, buttocks, ad outer thighs. Both provide an overall improved body contour and proportionate appearance.
3. Arm Lift (Brachioplasty): This surgery addresses excess skin and fat on the upper arms, often called "bat wings." The result is more toned and sculpted arms.
4. Thigh Lift (Thighplasty): A thigh lift reduces excess skin and fat on the thighs, improving thigh contour.
5. Breast Lift (Mastopexy): Significant weight loss can lead to changes in breast size and shape. It typically causes saggy breasts with loss of top volume or fullness. A breast lift can help lift and reshape breasts that have drooped due to weight loss.
6. Breast Augmentation: Breast augmentation with implants can be combined with a breast lift to restore lost breast volume.
7. Liposuction: Liposuction can be used to remove localized areas of fat that may not have responded to weight loss or to fine-tune body contour after significant weight loss.
8. Facial Procedures: After substantial weight loss, the face can be left with loose or sagging skin, which may lead to a tired or aged look. Various facial surgery procedures can help rejuvenate and enhance the facial features. Facial plastic surgery options include facelifts, neck lifts, and eyelid surgery.
9. Non-Surgical Procedures: In some cases, non-surgical treatments like dermal fillers can address fat loss, hallowing, and contour irregularities after weight loss.
Schedule a consultation with one of our plastic surgeons to customize your surgery.
This has been an amazing experience from the consultation to post-surgery!!! I honestly can’t even express how happy & grateful I am with the results. Everyone….Dr. Ramineni and his whole team are impeccable, to say the least. A very thoughtful, professional, kind, and knowledgable team. I will 100% always refer anyone I know to this amazing team…Dr. Ramineni had a challenge when I came to see him with my issue but he 1000% went above & beyond to achieve perfection with my results. I can’t thank this team enough!! I genuinely want to thank you so much!
Dr. Ramineni was recommended to me by my plastic surgeon as a masterful surgeon who could figure out why I was having complications. He diagnosed the problem correctly and fixed it. I am grateful for his openness, his honesty, and skill.
- Saiyyaed A.
Life-altering surgeon. He helped make my dreams come true with the most flawless surgery I’d been waiting my whole life to get. Healing and recovery has been almost disturbingly easy and pain-free. I could not recommend enough. Everyone there is so sweet as well!
Dr. Praful Ramineni
Plastic SurgeON IN WASHINGTON D.C.
Dr. Ramineni is the founder of District Plastic Surgery. He is board certified and has over 15 years of experience in plastic and reconstructive surgery. He started his career as one of the busiest surgeons at Medstar Washington Hospital Center with a focus on complex reconstructive surgery including cancer and trauma reconstruction, microsurgery and aesthetic surgery.